Water damage. advice?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TacoJones, Feb 14, 2010.

1. TacoJones macrumors newbie

I dropped my phone in a patch of wet grass a few months ago. It turned off right after that. I tried to turn it on but it wouldn't come on. I put it in rice for 3 days and it still wouldn't turn on. I just left it alone until a few days ago. i decided to see if it would work. i plugged it in to a wall charger and nothing happened. i unplugged it and replugged it and the apple logo came up for a few seconds and then it turned off. It wont do this plugged up to a computer. I have no clue whats going on with it.
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It's got water damage or something got messed up from the drop. Look at your water indicators. If they're pink or red, then take it to Apple and pay $199 for an out of warranty replacement. If they're white and you're still in warranty and take it to Apple and see if they'll replace it for free.

3. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Water damaged iPhones are not covered by warranty. Obtain a replacement either from your local Apple Store or 'phone Apple.

4. Hmac macrumors 68020

There's no magic solution to getting it up and running - it's water damaged and is likely toast.

5. hectordtruong macrumors member

wanna sell it? ill buy it if its a 3g. I need the parts.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly, not much you can do to water damaged electronic parts besides replace them. Get a replacement from Apple for $199

7. Carlosaro macrumors newbie

Carlosaro

I washed mine in the wash machine for like 10 minutes. It was completely submerged but worked. In the meantime, I got a 3GS and sold the water damaged 3G on eBay for $250.00. It's really entertaining to see them battle it out on eBay for broken/water damaged iPhones!

good luck