Water damage. advice?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TacoJones, Feb 14, 2010.

1. TacoJones macrumors newbie

Feb 14, 2010
    I dropped my phone in a patch of wet grass a few months ago. It turned off right after that. I tried to turn it on but it wouldn't come on. I put it in rice for 3 days and it still wouldn't turn on. I just left it alone until a few days ago. i decided to see if it would work. i plugged it in to a wall charger and nothing happened. i unplugged it and replugged it and the apple logo came up for a few seconds and then it turned off. It wont do this plugged up to a computer. I have no clue whats going on with it.
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
  2. -aggie- macrumors P6

Jun 19, 2009
    Where bunnies are welcome.
    It's got water damage or something got messed up from the drop. Look at your water indicators. If they're pink or red, then take it to Apple and pay $199 for an out of warranty replacement. If they're white and you're still in warranty and take it to Apple and see if they'll replace it for free.
  3. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Mar 18, 2006
    Water damaged iPhones are not covered by warranty. Obtain a replacement either from your local Apple Store or 'phone Apple.
  4. Hmac macrumors 68020

May 30, 2007
    Midwest USA
    There's no magic solution to getting it up and running - it's water damaged and is likely toast.
  5. hectordtruong macrumors member

Nov 11, 2009
    wanna sell it? ill buy it if its a 3g. I need the parts.
  6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Apr 16, 2008
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    Exactly, not much you can do to water damaged electronic parts besides replace them. Get a replacement from Apple for $199
  7. Carlosaro macrumors newbie

Oct 21, 2009
    I washed mine in the wash machine for like 10 minutes. It was completely submerged but worked. In the meantime, I got a 3GS and sold the water damaged 3G on eBay for $250.00. It's really entertaining to see them battle it out on eBay for broken/water damaged iPhones!

good luck