Water damage but 5 green led's are still on

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iamwolf, Jan 16, 2011.

1. iamwolf macrumors newbie

I spilt water on my i5 macbook pro and when i try and turn it on nothing happens at all. I left it for a week in rice so there shouldnt be any water left in it.

So basically i want to know if the 5 green led's when i plug it in should give me hope that i can fix it without replacing the logic board.

2. simsaladimbamba

You mean the battery capacity indicator LEDs on the left side of the MBP?
    It should only tell you, that the connection between the power and the battery works, not that the logic board is okay. You can only test that by powering the MBP up.

3. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

Honestly, I highly doubt it. If you had it in rice for a week and it will not boot, I think the computer is done.

I have never had this issue, but I have repeatedly read around these forums of users who either: opened the computer and dried out the innards and/or then placed the computer in rice without starting it for a few days. Success has been mixed.

You can take it in for a diagnostic check, but I think they will quickly discover that water damage has occurred and wont help you.

4. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

Yea I'm afraid that the green leds are no indicator of how the logic board is functioning.

5. iamwolf thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the info guys, now too to fleabay to part it out D:

6. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Just says you have some power in there I believe.

Have you tried booting?