Water Damage Exchange

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fleshman03, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

So according to TUAW, Apple is now going to allow water damage swaps for refurb units. $299 gets you a newish iPhone for your damaged unit. The problem is that they will make you sign with ATT for another 2 years...

TUAW:

2. John T macrumors 68020

John T

No - not really "newish" but "As new". A refurbished 'phone is, to all intents and purposes, a new 'phone - complete with a new warranty.

3. Surely Guest

Surely

So I guess this means that if you have a broken iPhone that has an issue (e.g. cracked screen) that is not covered by the iPhone warranty (you've brought it to the Apple Store for a replacement and you were shot down and told you need to pay $499 for a new one), all you need to do is dump water all over it and you can swap it for a new iPhone that costs $199/299 instead.

4. britboyj macrumors 6502a

No, if you go through the Geniuses it's $199 for a replacement for a cracked screen too. Same for water damage.

I JUST paid $399 for a replacement after my 3G got wet a couple of months ago. QUIT CHANGING YOUR MINDS!!! :mad:

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Please continue the discussion in the thread associated with the iPhone Blog article.

(Note that there was some initial confusion on TUAW's part about whether trading in your phone would add another two years to your contract (it won't), so rather than reintroduce the confusion into the discussion, I'm going to close this one rather than merge it into the other thread.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.