Water Damage - Home Button

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Richy23, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Richy23 macrumors 6502

I applied a BSE last night and this morning I've found that the home button is playing up and that the white paper near the dock connector is slightly pink. I would say more white than pink being totally honest, but it's still there a bit. The one by the headphone jack is fine.

I reckon literally a drip of water must have caught it, and weirdly when double tapping the home button (if it responds!) it takes me to the spotlight search which it shouldn't do.

Everything else is working fine...Mic, speaker, touchscreen etc!

Where do I stand with this? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

2. army91c macrumors 6502a

You stand right where you are with a water damaged iPhone. $199 OOW replacement fee is in your future!

I have applied these literally 15 or so times and never had an issue, why did you apply so much water (not supposed to spray the phone). Good luck.

3. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Unless you replace the home button then its probably done for.

4. Richy23 thread starter macrumors 6502

How much do they charge in the UK, any ideas? That's where I live :)

Cheers

5. Richy23 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

I guess it's too late to do the ol' stick it in a bag of rice trick to try and absorb excess moisture...

7. Chrisrokc macrumors regular

If you truly believe you did not water damage the phone then put it in a bag of rice over night. Remove the phone and use a tooth pick with some white out on the end. Turn that slightly pink dot white as day. You should be good to go. My sister did that once when they told her they even a slightly pink dot was a no go. She never spilt water on the phone.

8. Dsking85 macrumors member

There are ways around that. I wont post details though.

9. dmx macrumors 6502a

Its pretty obvious that in this case, a small amount of water caused the damage.

If you want to rip off apple and do this, that's your choice. But I would hope most people have better morals than that. Pretty sad if you ask me.

10. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

+1