water damage iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by avoidandroid, May 2, 2016.

1. avoidandroid macrumors member

Hi all, I need some help. I have a water damage iphone that I'm trying to save, or at least save the data on it. The iphone boots up and I can kinda sorta see the lockscreen. I plug it into itunes and hoping I can at least back it up. My last backup in itunes was about 2 months ago and I need or want to do another backup before I through it away so i can at least save the data. Problem is the iphone has a lockscreen password. I try using my fingerprints but its not working. I can barely see a blurry image of the screensaver and the time but thats all i can see. I try replicating the passcode as best i can with no luck. Maybe the screen is not respopnsive? Itunes is saying that in order to proceed, I must unlock the iphone. Can i call Apple and provide them any info on the iphone and give them any verification that they need as I have no problems giving them the information and will they unock it for me? Lastly, I logged into icloud and the iphone is not there. I know the iphone has my icloud info on it but I dont see it.

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Have you tried any screen mirroring software? I can't recommend any since I have no experience there but a lot ofnyoutube video makers employ such software and I do see them entering passwords so it should be doable.