Water Damage ... lucky!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Brett3rThanU, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Brett3rThanU macrumors regular

My fiance dropped her iPhone in the toilet yesterday, why women talk on their cell phones in the bathroom is beyond me, but I digress. Needless to say, she dropped it and it sat for a second before pulling it out. It was still on, but there was the message "This accessory is not made to work with this device, blah blah..." I told her to just leave it alone and aim a fan on it for a few hours. When I got home a few hours later the phone just had a white screen so I tried a reset and then blank, nothing, the iPhone wouldn't even come on. At this point we had nothing to lose because it was pretty obvious there was water insde, so I opened her up. After removing the glass I could see water, so I quickly dried it and used a hair dryer on it. I also removed a few of the ribbon connections and cleaned them with some isopropyl alcohol, then let the phone sit open overnight to dry. This morning I put the phone back together and it's a miracle, it works just as it did before! I just wanted to let everyone know there is still hope even if you drop the iPhone in water and it appears broken!

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Great to know but some people may not be as good at putting it back together as you are.:p But that is great advice! Wish this would of appeared about a month ago though, use your imagination as of why...;)

David