Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

schuebel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
I'm hoping someone can help me out with a little advice.

I brought my MacBook into Apple today for some screen problems. They told me I damaged it, by either water or another "physical force". I'm almost 100% sure I didn't spill on it, and they refuse to do any additional tests.

So does anybody know or have pictures of water damage to their MacBook screens? I want to know what it looks like. If somebody could share pictures or descriptions - I'd be really happy :) . I'll try to get a picture up but the camera is nowhere to be found. Thanks!

schuebel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
Picture

I tried to take a picture, but just could not get it to show up. But take a view at the spot on this screen and tell me, do you think that color or brightness is from a defective screen or liquid damage? I have the same thing in a different shape on mine.

It seems to me that its a bad screen, but if I'm wrong, do not hesitate to let me know.

Poor_screen_quality.jpg

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
I tried to take a picture, but just could not get it to show up. But take a view at the spot on this screen and tell me, do you think that color or brightness is from a defective screen or liquid damage? I have the same thing in a different shape on mine.

That looks to me like a defective screen. If it was a physical impact you'd see evidence of it, like cracks throughout the screen. Liquid damage would show up more like the Windex photo linked above. Large splotches that start at the edge of the screen. What you linked here is neither of those two.

newbie2008

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2008

It seems to me that its a bad screen, but if I'm wrong, do not hesitate to let me know.

[...]

That looks to me like a defective screen. If it was a physical impact you'd see evidence of it, like cracks throughout the screen. Liquid damage would show up more like the Windex photo linked above. Large splotches that start at the edge of the screen. What you linked here is neither of those two.

yea I agree w/ 'vniow' from that pic you provided it definitely doesn't look like water damage...
Go back and speak to someone else who would be a little more helpful and a little more sympathetic...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.