Water damage question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by entwined82, Oct 23, 2014.

1. entwined82 macrumors newbie

I have a late 2013 rMBP and my wife spilled a glass of water near it. I pulled it away right before the flood of water came too far over and immediately powered it off before any water can get in it I THINK.

For right now I have it with the power/thunderbolt side down with a towel beneath is in case any did get in.

At most I may have seen a few drops near one of the thunderbolt ports but I didn't see any get in. How long would you recommend I leave this off before turning it back on? I'm probably worrying too much but I just want to be safe.

2. poematik13 macrumors 6502a

I feel your pain, I spilled a glass of water on my MBP keyboard earlier this week and now its on ebay being sold for salvage because its not worth the new logic board (700 dollars).

leave it like that 24-48 hours and then try turning it on again after inspection

3. blooperz macrumors 6502

Leaving it upside down isn't going to do much...get a large container of uncooked rice and bury it in the rice and than make it airtight...the rice will absorb any moisture in the container so that's your best bet....and leave it in the rice for at least a day