Water Damage to iPhone 3G... thinks headphones are plugged in!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by annadotcom, Dec 14, 2009.

1. annadotcom macrumors newbie

So today I was one of those idiots that drops her iPhone into the toilet. (LUCKILY into clean water) Luckily I had it in a hard case with a screen cover on it, so for the moment most everything seems to be working fine... I can make calls, play music, text people, etc. However, it thinks my headphones are plugged in. I can't hear anything, play music out loud, record my voice, etc. I am in a slight panic, but hoping you guys can help me out with any advice, ideas, suggestions, etc that you can throw my way.

Thank you!!!

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Kind of late for advice. You needed to not turn it on and put it in sealed bag of rice for several days. You could still do that, but I don't have much hope.

3. annadotcom thread starter macrumors newbie

well it was already turned on. i turned it back off and have been blowing it with a blow dryer to try to get it all dried out... i'll have to try the rice thing.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Stop using the blow dryer. Too much heat is also not good.

Anyway, you can always pay the $199 for an out of warranty replacement (or whatever the cost is if you are not in the U.S.).

5. annadotcom thread starter macrumors newbie

i restored it and it worked! :) thanks for your help!