Water Damage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ct2k7, Sep 16, 2011.

1. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

It something that we all fear: if our iPhone has water damage, but I have something to say about it - Apple are great. Here's the story.

Today, I was walking to the office in the park. I wasn't very passing by a pond when I was knocked off my axis by a running passing behind me. The result of which was that I ended up in the pond. My iPhone encountered severe water damage and algae growth - whilst I completely lost my wallet. I decided to return home to resolve my current issue of being wet and not suited for work. I decided to give AppleCare a call. Now, I am a person of complete transparency, and will not lie to benefit myself. I explained the situation to the advisor on the phone, and he was sympathetic. Whilst he explained that it was out of warranty etc, he noted that I was extremely shaky. He said the he'd waive the fee for an immediate replacement and would discount the price I had to pay for a new iPhone - this was even after multiple attempts to get my card number correct for payment.

All in all, I am happy with the customer service I have received.

In the end, it pays not to lie.

2. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

Next time, go to an Apple store. Most of the time they replace your iPhone, no charge. Even if you're out of the warranty. It's probably a refurbished model but still great nonetheless. Apple has amazing customer service.

3. ct2k7 thread starter macrumors 603

ct2k7

Problem is - the nearest Apple store is 1 hour away - unfortunately when I called them regarding this, they said that the next time I could have an appointment was a week today :(

Anything will do before I get the iPhone 5 :p

4. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Good to here that you got your iPhone replaced. Refurbished models work better than new devices most of the time because they're paid more attention to when put back together and tested to work at good efficiency.