Water Damage

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cclloyd, Jun 21, 2012.

1. cclloyd macrumors 68000

cclloyd

Almost took my iPhone into the ocean today, cause I almost left it in my pocket while going for a swim.

What is the limit to get it replaced? Like would I have been able to get it replaced? I have a 1 year apple care on it.

And I am jailbroken but if it was unable to turn on, would they have been able to know it was jailbroken?

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. cclloyd thread starter macrumors 68000

cclloyd

Wait, so even if something inside the warrenty happens, I have to pay to replace it?

4. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Water damage is not covered by the AppleCare Protection Plan. Therefore the water damage would cost you $199 to replace an iPhone 4s.

If you have the AppleCare + Protection Plan though, water damage will be covered and you could pay $49 to get it replaced.

5. cclloyd thread starter macrumors 68000

cclloyd

So you're saying that since I will basically get a new phone every 2 years cause contracts and stuff, that that plan could cover me for the life of my phone and I just have to pay $50 to get it replaced?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes.
    Regural Applecare only covers manufacturers defects.
    Not swimming with your iphone. That's not Apple fault.
    Applecare+ has a $50 deductible and you can get the phone replaced twice when you pay the fee even when its user fault. It covers you for 2 years since the original purchase date.