Water damage.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macdeez, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Macdeez macrumors member

Hello friends :)

About 2 weeks ago I accidentally spilt water all over my MacBook, I immediately unplugged the charger and switched the laptop off. I put the laptop next to the window, then after a couple of hours I removed the bottom cover just to air everything out using a hair dryer. After this process I decided to turn it on and see what happens. The screen, keyboard and trackpad all did not work at first, I connected the MacBook to a screen, mouse and keyboard and I was able to use it as a normal desktop. A few days later I thought to myself maybe the screen works now, soi tried using it and it actually worked as well as the mouse and keyboard. I was happy! Then the MacBook decides to become captain **** face and I have to go back to using it as a desktop. So now this is what's happening, the laptops basically a desktop with a screen, mouse and keyboard. But please note that on random occasions the laptop keyboard and mouse work and that when I switch on the laptop, the laptop screen lights up displaying the apple logo then it suddenly shuts off and I have to connect it to the external screen. All the laptop components appear to be functional but I can't get them to work properly.

I know this is a long post but if you're this far would you please be able to help me solve this issue? Thank you very much! :D

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Don't you need to take it to authorized center for cleaning and repair estimate?

3. Htetpye macrumors newbie

Why did you use hair dryer. You are not suppose to use that