iPhone 6(S)(+) Water damage?.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by S19dsh, Oct 19, 2018.

1. S19dsh macrumors newbie

Told my iPhone 6 was water damaged when I tried to get a battery change. Absolutely never been anywhere near water and the phone works perfectly only the battery’s abi,it’s to hold a charge is reducing - hence the request. So what is going on?...

2. OTACORB macrumors 68000

OTACORB

I think you needed to ask them that question! Did they refuse to change the battery... if you have no warranty on it anyway... just get it done with a 3rd party source.

3. niji Contributor

niji

i would try taking it to a different apple store than the one you tried this first time.

its clear that apple's HQ policy is to be cooperative in terms of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s battery replacement.
    at the same time, the policy does clearly state that the free or reduced charge battery replacement program for the 6/6s does have as one of its conditions that no other part of the phone is damaged.

the point is that there is a ALOT of individual store level decision flexibility on all matters like this. that's usually a good thing for customers.

although at times i have run into a rather bureaucratic attitude by some apple store people, i also can say that if you are reasonable with apple store people, and focus solely on the actual limited problem at hand, that reasonableness has always been reciprocated.

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

If the phone has been in a humid place, that can trigger the water sensors inside the phone.

5. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

Yea humidity can trigger the sensors. Mine are probably triggered because I set my phone in the shower on the rack for music.

6. AppleB macrumors 6502a

AppleB

4 years old thats definitely a possibility.

7. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

need more information here. When Apple told you that your phone was water damaged, did they indicate that they found water somewhere inside the iPhone or is just the indicator that was tripped? I would try to have Seeked more clarification on what you’re referring to.

8. S19dsh thread starter macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Oct 20, 2018 ---
    They said the “litmus had changed colour” indicating that there was water damage. Never been in direct contact with liquids or been exposed to steam.
    Apple did contact me because I complained and they said they would follow it up but not heard from them since.