Water Damage?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ethan028, Sep 24, 2009.

1. ethan028 macrumors 6502a

ethan028

Hi, i accidently dropped my iPhone in the pool, and took it out as fast as i could...It is on and working but the speakers dont work and it keeps saying this accessory isnt made for the iphone and the phone thinks its connected to speakers when its charging. Please help...

2. Surely Guest

Surely

Your first mistake was to power it on (or not turn it off) after you fished it out of the pool.

Steps:
    1. Turn it off and put it in a large ziplock bag of uncooked rice (the rice will absorb the water). Leave it off and in the rice for a few days. Do not be tempted to power it on during that time.
    2. Pray that it will work when you turn it on 3-4 days from now.

Most likely it's dead, but fortunately you're able to replace it for $199 through Apple.

3. ethan028 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ethan028

UPDATE: The speakers work :D! the problem is it only works with playing ringtones and the unlock sounds or music doesnt work doing DFU restore now...

4. Surely Guest

Surely

You should really try reading my post.

You are doing more damage by using it.

Whatever.......:rolleyes:

5. ethan028 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ethan028

Thanks for the post...As of now i am hairdrying it to the max :)

6. ethan028 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ethan028

It works! The hairdryer got it yes!!! Thanks all for your help.

7. Surely Guest

Surely

I'm looking forward to your post in a few hours or days from now when you tell us that your iPhone keeps flickering, or shorting out, or part of the screen doesn't work, or no longer powers on for some reason.

Good luck.......

8. redrebel macrumors newbie

The fixer

I dropped the iPhone in water for a good 5 to 6 seconds and now I have it fully restored. Take a tube sock and the phone all the way in it. Then put a blow dryer on cool into the end off the tube sock. This will only take about three hours. My phone was fully operational after that amount of time.