Water Damaged 2nd Gen iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by psufan34, Oct 20, 2009.

1. psufan34 macrumors newbie

Ok so last night I placed my iPod touch on my window sill to charge while I was sleeping. During the night the temp outside dropped to about 35F and condensation from the window dripped from the window onto my iPod touch. I woke up to find my iPod able to turn with a functioning screen, but there were what looked like water marks on the screen, and my iPod would not respond to touches so I could not unlock my iPod. I let it sit out today to dry and the touch function of the screen still doesn't work. I looked down the headphone jack to look at the water sticker but for some reason it didn't look like it was tripped but I know water got into my iPod. It is currently sitting in a bag of rice. Will Apple still fix my iPod if I pay the $120 for the repairs since its past warranty?

2. Discostu7 macrumors member

if your gonna spend that much you might as well buy a new one off ebay or buy a refurb direct from apple

3. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

Or buy a new digitizer and attempt to repair it yourself for a fraction of that cost? What have you got to lose if the ipod doesnt work anyway.