Water Damaged iPhone 4 Replaced FOC

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kirk.davis, Apr 3, 2011.

1. kirk.davis macrumors newbie

Well, I dropped my iPhone4 in the loo, much to my dismay. I tried a HTC Desire HD which was Ok but just not an iPhone.

While at the Apple Store yesterday to pick up my reserved iPads, I asked for a new iPhone as well (which would have set me back a hefty £510). The girl asked if I had the faulty one and when I confirmed she said to make an appointment at the Genius bar and I should be able to have it replace for £150 maximum. Bonus I thought!

Made the appointment, turned up today and explained the water damage. Guy said that it was the water that had caused the issue (surprise, surprise) but as I had been honest with him and told him what had happened at the outset they would waive the cost and replace it for nothing!

You've got to love Apple!!!

Only problem now is, I have a 2 year £35 a month contract with 3 as well which I don't need (The Desire HD has already been sold on eBay).

:apple::D

2. paulmacbeth macrumors member

Good customer service. Probably helped that you were buying the iPads as well, obviously happy to help a loyal customer.

3. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Try dropping your bill in the toilet. Maybe that will help. :D

4. kirk.davis thread starter macrumors newbie

Definitely a loyal customer, I bought the 2011 MBP a few weeks ago! But the Genius didn't know this, I had logged my request under a new Apple ID so he had no way of knowing my previous purchase history.

Great, great service.

5. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    which apple store was this out of interest?

the one in regent st was awesome... manically busy at all times.. but they are so helpful

i spoke to them 5 weeks after buying my MBP about having buyers remorse and wishing i had copped a 17" - since i was just a little over the return period of 14 days i didnt think i had a chance in hell on an exchange - but the store manager was really happy to help and offered to make the exchange

as for the b'ham store :rolleyes:

6. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Love reading stories like these, gotta love Apple :D

7. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

You don't see many other companies do this.

8. kirk.davis thread starter macrumors newbie