Water Damaged iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lennon33x, Oct 11, 2015.

1. lennon33x macrumors newbie

I want to sell the remaining parts on eBay as a means of recouping some of the cost since this bad boy went through the wash. But it's my wife's iphone and there is a small possibility that any private information along with pictures are still on the phone. What portion of the phone do I need to remove so that I can sell the rest? I thought the problem was the battery and replaced the battery, but to no avail. This guy does not turn on.

Regardless, the glass and the screen are in impeccable condition and I know that there is some money that I could get for it. Thanks.

2. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

Can it connect to iTunes? If so, you can try to reset the phone as new from there.

3. lennon33x thread starter macrumors newbie

No this thing is toast. It won't turn on. Won't pass Go. Will not collect $200. I've done every reset you can imagine. I can't salvage any use from it so I need to sell it as parts. So back to my original question...

What portion of the phone do I need to remove any private information?

Thanks

4. rantor49 macrumors regular

That would be the rom, which is attached to the main logic board. So the main board on the iPhone would hold the info.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

If concerned about your information, I would not be giving the main board away. Not without about 5 seconds in the microwave. After that you would be safe but the board would be useless. If water damaged it is useless except for the very skilled.