Water Damaged iPhone wont boot passed Apple Logo Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Deeganator, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Deeganator macrumors newbie

I recently bought and iPhone 3GS and after 11 or 12 days of having it, i dropped it down the toilet. I dried it out as much as possible and tried turning it on (Not knowing it was the worst thing to do). I then checked to water sensor in the headphone slot and there was a pink stripe. Warranty gone. I later did some research on what to do and found that putting it in rice was a popular and successful thing to do. So i gave it a go.

3 days of drying out in the rice I checked to see if it would boot, each time it failed. It just got stuck on the Apple logo screen and never reached the home screen. I attempted a restore, all went well. iTunes stated the phone was restarting; the screen went black then went black and then to the Apple logo, normal for an iPhone or iPod touch to do when restarting. But it never reached the home screen, it would just stay on the Apple logo screen and sometimes would be joined by the Loading circle.

Strangely iTunes was able to detect the phone, back it up and sync it. I could access and view all the files on my phone but the phone it self was stuck on the Apple logo screen.

So I thought i should leave the phone in rice for a further 6 days to dry out more and see whether it would change. Nothing did. I repeated everything i had tried and nothing would changed :(.

Can anyone help me?

Ryan

2. pflau macrumors 6502

Definitely leave it to dry for at least a couple more days.

If the weather is dry you don't even need to use a rice bag. Just leave in out in the open.

3. Deeganator thread starter macrumors newbie

4. flash3d macrumors newbie

id say something on there has shorted. game over im afraid.

5. invisible777 macrumors member

Look at the bright side, at least you have a new paper weight.