water damaged ipod touch,is it savable?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by idunoifi812, Jun 2, 2010.

1. idunoifi812 macrumors newbie

OK so i walked right into the pool with my ipod touch:eek: bad idea it was in my pocket (forgot all about it) :confused:any way i popped the sucker open only to snap the connecting cable for the digitizer (no prob 15 bucks)(easy install) then while further surgical techniques were used to prevent any more water damage i cracked the lcd screen (again no prob 15 bucks easy install) now the screen is all white but i can ssh into it from my pc see all file directories can pull and put stuff to it wooooooowwwwweeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D and it also connects to itunes and sounds actually work. my question is is it savable by replacing both screens? lcd display and digitizer? i really dont want to spend another 200 to get a new one.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You could have spent $99 for an out of warranty replacement. Emphasis on could have.

3. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

LOL, Sounds like deja vu. I had the same experience after my 2G touch slipped from my pocket into water. Like you I tore the digitizer ribbon cable when opening it to air and then managed to crack the LCD. I replaced both digitizer and LCD along with the battery while I had it open. That was 8 months ago and I have not had any problems with it in that time.

4. idunoifi812 thread starter macrumors newbie

ty

thanks u give me hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Jam14 macrumors newbie

Try putting it in a bowl of rice for a full day, that will soak up all the water

6. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Just to be safe you should probably keep it in their for 5-7 days.