Water damaged my ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xoxoroseelixoxo, Dec 2, 2009.

1. xoxoroseelixoxo macrumors newbie

Okay, yes, I know it sounds terribly dumb but I was receiving a really important IM and my friend was hysterical about her grandfather who’s in his last stage of cancer so I replied to the IM while in the shower. When I heard the IM notification sound I hopped out of the shower got the iPod came back in the shower since it was cold and replied and then I put my iPod again back on the towel. Later I realized my stupidity and went to turn it on frantic it worked perfectly fine everything was good, reassured I locked it and put it on my bed and went to read a book but when I turned it on later that night it refused to turn back on. Hysterical because the iPod had sentimental value and of my poor thinking I talked to some family members they suggested:
    A) Blow dry it
    B) Put it near a heater
    C) Leave it on a computer that is turned on for a few days
    D) Go to Apple and buy a new one
    E) Pay to get it repaired
    Anyone know what I should do I haven’t really heard about the Ziploc rice bag until now but wont rice go in my iPod? By the way my iPod is a 16 GB iPod touch 2nd Generation.

I do known there are other topics like this but I never expirenced what most water damaged iPod owners go through like:
    A) Having a water spot on my iPod
    B) The volume rising and falling
    C) The screen partilly going gray
    D) Having gray line sin my screen
    E) Having my iPod stuck on the Apple logo

2. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Put it in the rice for a few days, and STOP TRYING TO TURN IT ON.

Then decide what to do.... and gee, no more showers with the things.

3. xoxoroseelixoxo thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I kinda learned water+electronics= not good
    Rice will it actually work and wont piece go in the headphone jack and or usb spot?