water dowsed iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andrew08, Apr 10, 2008.

1. andrew08 macrumors newbie

so reading around on these blogs, it sounds like once ure iphone goes in the water and it doesnt work, your pretty much screwed... I was recently on a vaction and my phone so sadley and slowly in my eyes plunged into a hottub. Is their anyway to get around the iphone warranty to get a new one or refurb? i know about the red indicator in the head phone jack and mine is half pink half white. my question really is: Does anyone know if their is anyway i can save my iphone or get a new one with out the obvious option of buying a new one? or am i pretty much screwed? thanks

2. atluten macrumors 6502

Unfortunately when you take your iPhone in to be looked at by the Genius, they will often check the water indicator before handing out a new phone. Maybe you'll be able to get one who is sympathetic to your case and issue a new one regardless of the partial color indication. Good luck.

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Unfortunately, once those indicators turn red the warranty is void, with very few exceptions ever made. This is the typical policy for all cell phone manufacturers and carriers.

4. NightStorm macrumors 68000

No, you got an electronic device wet. Why do you think the company should eat the cost of getting you a new one?

5. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

exactly, honestly, why do these threads pop up every once inawhile?

do people think somehow THEIR experience is special?

6. maxxscholten macrumors regular

7. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Apparently it's directly proportional to the ethics and honesty of the person posting the question.