Water droplet(s) seeping into trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by geetee24, Nov 19, 2012.

1. geetee24 macrumors newbie

I hadn't noticed that the condensation from my iced beverage had dropped onto my trackpad (2 small drops along that small gap) untill 3-5 sec later when i realized that my trackpad had a mind of its own. immediately wiped it away and the trackpad was still quite unresponsive. shut down and booted up about 30min later with trackpad working fine and dandy.

should i be worried about water damage? would anyone know if there are any water indicators/markers around that area within the laptop? :confused:

2. procrastinasn macrumors regular

If its sporadic that's normal.. After applying bodyguardz on mine (which pushed water in the trackpad) it was very sporadic.. I even left it overnight and it still wasn't working 100% in the morning. I ended up pointing a fan at the trackpad and it started to work like an hour later.

Good luck!

3. JTravers macrumors 6502a

I don't think you have to worry about water damage, BUT there is a water indicator inside the MBP in the trackpad area. You'll need a special screwdriver to remove the battery to get to that area to see if it's turned red (those indicators are VERY sensitive, so there's a good chance that it has turned red).

4. geetee24 thread starter macrumors newbie

it seems to be working fine right now. hopefully it stays that way. :/

damn. i really hope not. i paid good money for this, and the apple care.
    sigh... :(