Water Fell on iPhone 4. Acting Strange. Urgent.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by CursedByaGypsy, Sep 24, 2013.

1. CursedByaGypsy macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I need help urgently.

I dropped water on my iPhone. It went black and was off. I put it rice for 2 days as everyone told me to. Got it out. Sound works and touch screen works... but the screen is completely black. I can't see anything but can answer calls etc.

The WEIRD thing about all this, is that when the phone goes off, and I put it in the charger, the battery charing icon shows up... this leads me to believe that the screen is actually still working.

I don't understand why that would work, but when the phone goes on, nothing else works.

Oh and sometimes, the screen flickers when I press the home button... it comes on for less than a second then goes off again.

(btw, I'm broke at the moment so I can't really repair the screen. It's expensive where I'm from - will cost up to $150!)

Can you guys help out?

2. zxoraz macrumors member

It might be that some chip was fried because of the water..
    It might get quite pricey if that's the case, but could also be that the water caused some corrosion on some of the connectors inside The phone.

I would watch some videos and tutorials online that explains how to disassemble the phone and take out parts, then make sure that really everything is dry and just take a look around and see if there are any signs of corrosion / burns of any sort ( I'd take a look at the LCD & Digitizer connectors too ) , and the stickers that determine whether it got wet (They're white stickers that turn red / pink when when water touches them)

Maybe then you'll have some idea about what is wrong.

But do this if you really have no other choice, it's risky and you might permanently damage your phone if you don't do this carefully.

Good luck

3. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

4. CursedByaGypsy thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm from Egypt btw.

Anyway, thanks guys, will check these options out.

Cheers!