water in iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wwe2008, Apr 7, 2008.

1. wwe2008 macrumors 6502

damn. after having the worst week with my iPhone. dropping it and what not. I dropped it in water and now its playing up. it keeps turning the screen off and coming up with the shut down scroll menu. plus twice its gone all lines with either green or pink. what can I do?
    Thanks
    And some of the screen isn't working and the keypad on other buttons response time is really slow

2. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

Unfortunately the only option is to try and major dry it out and hope that works or and most likely buy a new one. Sorry.

3. wwe2008 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ive got insurance with covers accidental damage including water damage. So hopefully they will replace it!

4. touchyphone macrumors regular

Unfortuantely no one will cover careless treatment. Just sack up and buy another, you'll pay more fixing then just getting a new one...

5. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

Not to be rude, but there wasnt really that much point in asking if you already have that cover. Anyway I hope you get it sorted out and be careful with the next iPhone lol!! The wife always threatens me with "It wants a bath, I will give it a bath for you!!" No thanks!!! lol :rolleyes:

6. wwe2008 thread starter macrumors 6502

my plan says accidental including water damage. I got it with lifeline

7. touchyphone macrumors regular

Why bother posting this then? Kinda pointless huh?

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Water damage will eventually render the iPhone useless. It's just a matter of time before you'll be toting around a $400 paper weight. Notify your insurance carrier and plan on a replacement. Look down the headphone jack and it should be pink/red and on its last legs! Apple won't replace it after they note the water damage, so plan on replacement via your insurance carrier. :(

9. yojimbo1 macrumors member

I dropped my Treo in a swimming pool last year--after I dried it out for 2 days, it worked great for 6 months, then died

10. slbjr macrumors newbie

iphone water damage survival story

I dropped my iphone in a toilet (yes, not good). I grabbed it within a few seconds but there was already water under the screen, phone shorting out, could not turn off, screen did not respond.

I took out the sim card, shook the phone in a towel, dried it with a hair dryer (not too hot), and then cooked it in the oven. Seriously!

I took a small baking pan, put about an inch of rice in the bottom to insulate the phone from the direct heat, and cooked it for 8 hours total at about 130 degrees. The phone works fine now! No trace of water except for the red half of the water sensor lit up (half white/half red now).

I hope you have my luck - and keep it away from water! I recommend turning it off if it will respond before you cook it, but I didn't have that option.

11. auburnfan24 macrumors regular

i was at the apple store today and a guy came in next to me that had been hosed down while doing yard work. needless to say the iphone got ruined...but having NO apple care or anything else, the girl helping him nicely gave him a replacement :eek:. now how is that for customer service!

12. archieafroz macrumors newbie

iphone In swimming Pool !!!

So here's the deal. I went for a swim keeping my iphone on my towel. Finished swimming and picked up my towel and and didnt realize my phone was on it. wiped myself and everything and was looking for my phone. And all of a sudden i stamped on something inside the pool to find out it was my IPHONE .

Took it out to find that it didnt respond to anything i did. And all of a sudden the phone went blank......

Went to my apartment and placed the phone in front of light bulb.

1st Day

Place the phone facing the back cover( apple logo ) towards and bulb and removing the sim card cover. Didnt turn it on or charged it .. NOTHING. DONT EVEN TOUCH IT... FORGET U HAVE AN IPHONE.

2nd Day

Woke up and turned my iphone towards the screen facing the light bulb. Dont turn it on or charge it. Still forget u have an IPHONE.

3rd Day

Woke up and changed the side again. The back cover facing the light bulb. Let it Go , dont touch it if u ever want it to work.

4th Day

Woke up and switched it on to find that there is still some water on the screen. But it switched and and tried to " slide to open" and it worked ... Well there was still some water in the screen and i knew the touch response would stop eventually if all the water hasent been evaporated. so kept the phone back in front on the light bulb ( the screen facing the bulb ).

5th day

woke up and tried to turn it on. Turned on well and the water thad evaporated too. And when i tried to " slide to open " it , it didnt respond to my touch. Grrr..... felt like throwing it out the window. I didnt . Placed it back in front of the light bulb facing the screen. Didnt touch it the whole day.

6th Day

woke up and prayed that it starts well. Switched on the Phone. The apple logo. "SLIDE TO OPEN" . and it opened and for the first time in 6 days i saw my home screen. Tried to open all the applications , and stated my music and kept it going on until battery went dead ( for any moisture left, the phone would heat up and drain it out ).

So thats my story hope it helps anyone out there. Just remember to place the IPHONE 6 Inches away from the bulb so it wouldnt heat it too much.

Well need any help let me know.

Thanx and best of luck