Water in Screen.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by nomih3, Nov 9, 2012.

1. nomih3 macrumors newbie

Yesterday, i did the dumbest thing is the world by somehow managing to have a coughing fit while drinking tea infront of my laptop. I laid the screen in rice for 36hrs, which helped a little. But didnt fully fix the problem. The laptop is working fine, as you can see, i just have a 'birthmark' of sorts across the screen. Should i put it back in for longer or will it make no difference?
    I was (Keyword being WAS) planning on selling it soon as i pick up my new Macbook Pro next week, but guess ill be keeping it now as a backup/downloader computer!

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. slomo86 macrumors member

slomo86

If you have any of those packets (desicant) that come in shoes and what not, try using them. You might even be able to pick desicant packs at a local hardware store. I work on out door telephone cable and we use those when there is water in a splice case and they work great... I have had thise same mis hap myself and used them, worked like a charm. But the ones we have are about 10x the size of the ones that come in shoes.

3. jodelli macrumors 65816

jodelli

Dismantle the screen and clean it. iFixit has disassembly instructions.

4. Brian Y macrumors 68040

That wont work unless he fancies taking apart the LCD panel itself.

5. jodelli macrumors 65816

jodelli

That's not that difficult once it's detached. The real trick is putting it back the way it was. <g>