Water on TrackPad and Safari Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ghsNick, Jun 23, 2011.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I don't know why, but whenever I hold my thumb on the track pad (when I'm scrolling or about to click) I can tell there's a light residue of moisture. It's not water, but I have to wipe it away every time. I just got out of the shower so maybe it's because my body is still warm, but it's still weird. Have a light on, hold your thumb on the trackpad for 5 seconds and tell me if you see this weird kinda steam/water mark.

And I reset Safari and whenever I click it opens stuff up in a new window, how do I get it to open in the window I'm on?

2. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

it's definitely because you just got out of the shower. There's water left on your body after you dry off, and when you touch your skin on something dry, condensation will start to form on whatever the object may be.

3. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

That little bit of condensation shouldn't mess anything up right?
    I mean I'm dry now and it's still doing it a little bit lol

4. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

It will do it for a while after you get out of the shower. Up to an hour. And no, it shouldn't hurt anything. As long as it evaporates quickly off of the trackpad, you shouldn't have any problems.

5. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Ok yeah. I normally rest my thumb where the bottom of the trackpad meets the aluminum body. There was a little film but it dissolved. Any info on how to not get stuff to open in new windows?

6. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

So the moisture residue (that eventually evaported within 10 seconds) was half on the bottom of the trackpad and aluminum body. I want to purchase AppleCare, but I read there were liquid stickers inside the MBP that void a warranty if water gets on them. That little bit of moisture residue that evaporated on the trackpad wouldn't be enough to mess with those stickers, right?

Because if they did it would be a waste to order AppleCare if something ever happened unrelated to this and they opened it up and said water must have been spilled on it, when it really wasn't.

7. mac00l macrumors 6502

As long as it is just moisture, and not a water drop, then you'll be fine.

8. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Yeah. I'm protected for a year without paying. But I think before I purchase AppleCare I'll ask a Genius to open it and make sure the triggers weren't falsely activated. (I live in FL so I'll say I wanna make sure the Humidity didn't cause problems.) Do you think they'd do this?

I'd basically say. If you open everything and it looks good I'm buying AppleCare right now.

9. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

I'm on an iPod touch right now so i can't check, but to prevent clicks from opening new windows, go to safari prefs and under the Tabs section there should be an option to open clicks in new tab in same window. If not this pref, it might be one of the others... Hope this helps!