Water Resistant BT Headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by gman901, Nov 5, 2009.

1. gman901 macrumors 6502a

I think I may unique to this situation, but I run and sweat every day which has caused my Motorola S9's and Jaybird BT200 headphones to constantly fail. Jaybird has been great in replacing my units, but this gets really annoying. I have gone through 4 S9's and 2 Jaybirds. Could someone please recommend a BT Stereo Headset that works while running and sweating? I am ready to buy one if one exists.

2. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    unique? you think so? aaaaaaaa.... hardly......:rolleyes:

i know i'd bay $150-$200 bucks for a Sweat/water proof BT headset... it astounds me that no one can make one that is worth a crap for a good workout....

3. gman901 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks! I totally agree! You would think once iphone finally added a2dp, a ton of headphone manufacturers would exploit this niche. Especially since I see a ton of people working out with their iPhone/touch.

4. Stormbringer macrumors regular

The newer Motorola S9 HD is supposed to handle sweat a lot better.

5. newkidonthebloc macrumors newbie

I use Sony DRBT160AS Bluetooth Stereo Headset for running and workouts..have been holding up good so far..

6. zdblue11 macrumors member

zdblue11

i usually dont have much problem w/ working out + ipt. i just buy $20-30 earphones that last a good 6months before it breaks.. replaced immediately. and so on. i used to have nice speakers / nice headphones that cost 100+ sometimes $200+ but now i feel they are bound to break or go wrong some how. so i go buy non-water proof $20-30 earphones that last for the expected time they last.

7. gman901 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I use wired headphones occasionally; however I somehow yank them out of my ear while working out. I prefer the freedom of not having my ears tethered to my arm.