water/ screen help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pggolfer08, Jan 19, 2010.

1. pggolfer08 macrumors newbie

I accidentely got my ipod alittle wet! my water bottle busted in my purse on a church retreat when i noticed it i took it out fast and very little water was on it! so i turned it off to let it dry! everyday since then it would progress alittle more! two days after it it turned on and let me charge it, then next day color was on alittle but not dark it was very light and my picture came on, next day it will tell time alittle and picture came dark! but now my only problem is i can touch the screen like it wont let me slide it or anything! the time sometimes changes but then it will go back to December 31 at 6:00! can anyone tell me if it is broke for good! like the water sensor is white so it didnt get water damaged :) please help! i dont know what else to do and my dad doesnt know yet! any advise and someone tell me if it will ever work again

2. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

If the touchscreen is busted, your out of luck. It would probably be cheaper to buy a new one than to get that one repaired. Make sure there is no dampness left of the screen and continue to let it dry.

3. pggolfer08 thread starter macrumors newbie

If the touchscreen is busted, your out of luck. It would probably be cheaper to buy a new one than to get that one repaired. Make sure there is no dampness left of the screen and continue to let it dry.!

but if everything works except the touch part of the touch screen does that mean its busted?

4. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

Seems odd to have a Water issue, and still have the water sensors be white. If you are sure your sensors are white, I would take it to the Apple store and see if they can figure out what is going on.

If the sensors are pink/red though, I don't think they will be able to help...

5. Surely Guest

Surely

There are two water sensors.... one in the headphone jack, and one in the charging/syncing port.

Are they both still white?

You can wait it out and see if it returns to full function, but chances are it's done. Water and electronics don't mix.

6. pggolfer08 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah they are both still white like everything is working but when i put my finger to the buttom that says slide to unlock it wont go!

7. Surely Guest

Surely

Well.... if it's still in warranty, take it to the Apple Store.

Either they'll tell you too bad (because it's water damaged) and you'll have to buy a replacement, or they'll fix it for you or give you a new one.

Nothing to lose by going....

8. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

the "touchscreen" is called the digitizer.

9. loyrun macrumors newbie

So I had a similiar accident happen, I was running with my ipod touch tucked into my under armour sleeve. When I got home the touch was damp from sweat and the screen started to flicker.... So I immediatly powered it off and stuck it into a bag of rice. Now 3 days later it's totally dead. It was new last summer, I bought it off of some kid on craigslist who got it free with a macbook pro. Both water sensor are still white. Would I be able to take this to an apple store for them to check out even though I'm not the original purchaser? also, I'm ready to buy a new macbook pro when they are released if that would help any?

10. androiphone macrumors 65816

you might need a receipt otherwise you cant prove it's still under warranty

11. loyrun macrumors newbie

thats what I figured, I wonder if I recycled it when I get my new MBP they would give me any kind of discount, might be worth a try. Im planning on getting a 13" top grade w/SSD and magic mouse/bluetooth keyboard/DVI conntector and apple care....maybe they'll throw me a bone.

12. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

You shouldn't. Apple just needs the serial number, and its engraved on the back of iPod touch.