Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacVixen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
Santa Cruz, CA
**Disclaimer: I did my MRoogle search first and didn't find quite the answer I was looking for thus I am posting this question**

I just happened to really look at my phone with the screen off in the sun today and I noticed what I assume to be the water sensor dots near the headphone jack. There were three. 2 stacked on top of each other and another one a little over to the left.

In the sun the dots looked pink - indicating water damage. My phone has NEVER been exposed to water and I don't live in a humid area nor keep it in a humid place such as a gym locker, shower, etc. My question is - can you actually tell the color of the dots without taking apart the phone? Is it possible that the dots looked pink because of the sun reflection? I just want to make sure that my warranty isn't somehow voided because of the dots turning pink.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
There are two proximity sensors and one ambient light sensor there...that's what you're seeing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.