water spill on ipod touch!!help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ipodtouch1, Aug 5, 2010.

1. ipodtouch1 macrumors newbie

i was watching a movie, laying on the floor and i got thirsty so i reached up for my glass of water on a table.... i accidenally knocked it off the table and the water spilt on my brand new ipod touch!! it didnt get very much water on it. i took its cover off and dried it with a paper towel all around and inside the jacks...then i used a hair dryer on it and it turned on by itself. i turned it back off and set it on top of the tv where i could watch it while i finished the movie it kept turning on by itself so i kept turning it back off...now it wont turn on at all and its the next day!!what should i do?!?!is it possible to return it to apple even tho i got it at best buy? i looked in the headphone jack and there's no read dot indicating it got wet.if you can help me that would be great and thx!!:)

2. IphoneRevivers macrumors member

If its not charging or powering up then it definitely needs to be repaired or might just be gone. If none of the indicators are showing color , you can attempt to return it .

3. MCRunning macrumors 6502

You should have left it off and not use a hard dryer, could have caused more damage. Usually I would suggest leaving in a bag of rice for a couple days. Then trying turning it on. People on here will tell you that you should be responsible with your stuff and tough luck and you should just eat the loss. I on the other hand say you should try to bring it in to the Apple Store if it is still under warranty and the worse they can say is no.

4. IphoneRevivers macrumors member

I agree with MCRunning .

5. ipodtouch1 thread starter macrumors newbie

how long do you think i should leave it in the rice?!it didnt get that wet...

6. ipodtouch1 thread starter macrumors newbie

okay thx so much!:) if any one else has any more tips that would be great!!:) wish me luck!

7. midnightvii macrumors member

i put it by the window to dry out for several days. it works for me.