Water vs. iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Beanstine32, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Beanstine32 macrumors newbie

I dropped my iPhone 4 in water and was only in water for a few seconds. I got it out and dried it off the best that i could, and checked if it still worked and it worked fine, so i didn't think anything was wrong with it. And a couple hours later the phone was on and was on a black screen and wouldn't change. My power button is broke so i couldn't hold power+home to turn it off. So when i got the chance i took the back off the phone and put it in a bag of rice for the night. The next day the phone was off and after i got the rice out of the phone i plugged it in hopping it would turn on and nothing happen. Can anyone tell me what might have happened and how to possibly fix it?

2. TjeuV macrumors 6502

I'm thinking the water won the fight :( It's probably a total loss

3. Beanstine32 thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you think it is the entire phone or maybe just the battery?

Also do you know how i can get my data off the phone? I didn't have it backed up

4. TjeuV macrumors 6502

I'm not the brightest tech mind around here but you can always try to connect it but I'm thinking the computer won't recognize your device.

5. Beanstine32 thread starter macrumors newbie

It won't iTunes won't recognize it.

6. idreq macrumors newbie

Looks like your kinda screwed :/ But if you want to try I would suggest leaving it in the rice for maybe 3 days instead. It takes awhile for the water to leave. Hopefully nothing is wrong but usually once you experience a problem from water damage its unlikely you'll be able to fix it. Good luck.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Why does everyone think that?
    They get the phone wet and then assume its just the battery.:rolleyes:

8. Ethel macrumors newbie

Hoping rice is the answer....

iphone 4 down the toilet. :eek: Now in sealed container of rice and a silica sachet in a warm place. Have seen others have put their wet phones in low temp oven but that seems a bit risky! If I had Orange Care insurance would it be covered? I don't have insurance, but I might pay for it on the next phone!!