Water went inside...Please read

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by scratchmix, Feb 14, 2013.

1. scratchmix macrumors newbie

I went to sleep after shutting down and when i wake up in morning a cup of water has droped on the table.and there was water under the laptop.but the Wierd thing is only the fan is working time to time.donno how it was turned on.i set it to dry but its not turning on.battery indicator shows nothing.when i plug to power the cable light blinking.im sure water diddnt went throgh the keyboard.but from behind it.under it......now what should i do.still have warranty.if this is water damged can they find it its really frm water.so i can claim frm them.

2. marc11 macrumors 68000

Warranty is not going to cover your water damage....nor should it either.

3. scratchmix thread starter macrumors newbie

But how they find this was damaged frm water.and also if i diddnt tell them

4. simsaladimbamba

Because of water sensors / moisture detectors inside and they are good at spotting water damage even without those sensors.

5. PinoyAko macrumors 6502

This is so true. My wife's optical drive went out due to a water spill (that we don't know about how that happened) and Apple Genius was able to determine that.

Luckily, they still changed the optical drive without me shelling out any cash. That's what you called a real service!

6. trikky macrumors regular

Because they have water sensors inside to address the fact that sometimes people 'forget' to tell them about the source of damage when trying to get something repaired under warranty.

7. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

They have indicators known as LSI or Liquid Submersion Identifier all over the Mac.
    It tells Apple that your computer has been submerged into liquid and voids warranty.
    This happens to be in all Apple product.

8. snaky69 macrumors 603

Your warranty is for manufacturer defects, not for accidents YOU caused. Your warranty is void.

Lying and forgetting to tell them you spilled water on the laptop is fraud. They'll find out anyway.

Cough the money up and take that as a life lesson.

9. PinoyAko macrumors 6502

Just be honest to them. They provide the greatest service ever. Who knows, they might fix your computer for free.

10. Brettka7 macrumors regular

At least use proper grammar when committing fraud.

11. marc11 macrumors 68000

Because an ethical adult owns up to the mistakes they make and doesn't try to defraud companies by asking them to pay for damage caused by the owner. But in the case those ethical people make honest mistakes in disclosing such damage, which I assume you are insinuating, Apple, as said here several times, installs little reminders called moisture sensors.

By an adult, own up to your mistake, explain to Apple what happened and you never know, sometimes being honest pays rewards.

12. AlPlPlLE macrumors regular

If you are saying that a cup of water spilled on it, I can guarantee once the genius opens the computer to look at it not only will there be corrosion on the logic board but will also see as previous people have stated the LSI's will be tripped. If this is the case, then your looking at an out of warranty accidental damage repair which will go to their repair facility probably for a cost around $700-$800.

Hopfully...that water wont be seen. :eek:

13. scratchmix thread starter macrumors newbie

Well guys tho i sed sum thing about fraud i diddnt.i told what happend.im not that kind a person ever in my life.the mystery was i donno how it happend and i donno hw it was turned on.........i collect hard money to get it and lost a huge amount of money and effort.i lost my girl.my ipod.my pc and my laptop yesterday.what a damn faith.

----------

He sed he can help but this case is hard cuz of water.after they sent the damage once they will cut the stock directly.cuz they recognizes its water damaged.

----------

As a friend told above.its a good life lesson.

14. iLukeJoseph macrumors 6502

15. that1guyy macrumors 6502

16. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

English....use it

17. thundersteele macrumors 68030

I get it now. He broke up with his girlfriend, she too the ipod and spilled water on the PC and laptop.

PS: Yes, smells like a troll :)