Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

WaterField Designs has announced its own Vision Pro Shield Case, a more compact alternative to Apple's official $199 Travel Case for the company's new headset.

waterfield-apple-vision-pro-case.jpg
Apple's Vision Pro Travel Case (left) versus WaterField case

At half the size of Apple's case, WaterField says its Shield Case travels more easily, while still providing the necessary protection and capacity for organizing and carrying related accessories in transit. It achieves this by taking advantage of the Vision Pro's detachable parts.
WaterField leveraged the ease with which the Vision Pro head straps can be removed to significantly reduce the size of its Vision Pro Shield Case. The new Apple headset, with its front cover on, sits cradled on one side, and a padded accessory pouch — for the charger, cables, cleaning cloth, one or both head straps, and Zeiss lenses in Ultrasuede® pockets — rests perfectly inside the curve of the headset on the other. This design not only saves space but also keeps the headset firmly in place, and the pouch's padding adds yet another extra layer of protection.
waterfield-vision-pro-case.jpg

A padded battery pocket under the flap is positioned to keep the battery's weight away from the headset (users can detach the battery from the cable using a SIM tray ejector tool), while an external zippered pocket can be used for additional accessories and includes a stealth AirTag pocket.

The 5-liter case is surrounded by impact-resistant closed-cell foam and lined with a padded fleece. A dual-sided waterproof YKK zipper surrounds the case on three sides and is backed by a fleece bumper, which shields the contents from the zipper. There's also a low-profile handle on the case, and D-rings for hooking an optional shoulder strap.

waterfield-vision-pro-case-colors.jpg

The WaterField Vision Pro Shield Case is available in several vegan ($159) and leather ($179) color options, and can be pre-ordered now from the WaterField website. Shipping for vegan and leather options begins February 15 and February 22, respectively.

Article Link: WaterField Vision Pro Shield Case Is Half the Size of Apple's Travel Case

Last edited:
Reactions: Apple Fan 2008

Unami

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
Austria
It may be smaller but jeez, the price is just as insane. You’d think they would try to really undercut Apple. They’re basically the same price.
It‘s better looking, smaller, won‘t stain at first sight - so it‘s probably at least double the value - and as long as it’s cheaper… why not profit from inflated margins before real competition comes in? Especially in that luxury-goods segment of the AvP.

anticipate

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2013
Just buy a Meta Quest 1, 2 or 3 case. It’s $100 I think and they all fit the AVP perfectly. And fit in a backpack

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
If I can stuff the apple one in my backpack I’ll keep it. If not then won’t. Lol.

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
I can’t tell if he’s joking or serious. I read it and laughed but now I’m also wonder what vibrations do to it? I mean I’ve seen people skateboarding with it on so?
Eh people do a lot of stupid things.. all I know is the fit of this is sensitive, the distance to the eye is critical, and maybe vibration runs the risk of misaligning some aspect of the lens alignment. I dont know, which is why I was wondering if the first post was serious, but yeah, my guess is you are right, it was probably a joke. Do wish people would remember /s lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.