Waterproof Camera Case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tardman91, Jun 10, 2014.

1. tardman91 macrumors 65816

tardman91

I'm going whitewater rafting and I want to bring a camera. Most logical choice is my phone since I'm definitely not bringing my DSLR. What's the best option for a waterproof case that will let me use the camera with ease? I was thinking a Lifeproof but was open to suggestions. I looked for waterproof cameras but they're $160+, so the case needs to be cheaper than that or I'll just buy one of those.
    Thanks!

2. mofunk macrumors 68020

mofunk

Canon has waterproof housing for their P&S. The best and cheapest you could do is just get a Fuji disposable waterproof camera. They really work (so I've been told). After your trip have them developed at a camera shop and not some CVS kiosk.

Lifeproof would work. I seen friends use them underwater. but idk if I would use if while on a raft.

3. jacobclause macrumors member

This may sound very unprofessional, but I used a ziploc bag for some water-related pictures. It sounds dangerous, and it is, but it worked for me.

Just saying. But I understand wanting to have more protection.

4. mikemj23 macrumors 6502

I'm looking for a waterproof case for my 5s to use when I'm at the pool, beach etc. I do not plan on using it as a daily case and I think I've landed on the Otterbox Preserver. I've heard good and bad things about the LifeProof cases. I like the LifeProof Nuud but would prefer to have screen protection built into the case. The Nuud gives the option to have no screen protection (which is very cool) but kind of defeats the purpose at the beach with sand. It does come with a removable screen overlay. Still not decided but likely getting the OB Preserver.

5. sophiamendezzz1 macrumors regular

It's a TINY bit frustrating when you use the lifeproof because the sensitivity of the touch screen is obviously impaired because of the extra layer over it. BUT I'm sure that's the case for any waterproof type case. I was scared of using the lifeproof at first but I just went with it and went underwater! My phone did get a temperature warning while I was on the boat using it though.

6. jpadhiyar macrumors regular

iContact is the best option. This waterproof case is validated to protect iPhone till 1 meter for 30 minutes. And it lets you to take video and pictures with amazing high quality even in underwater.

7. mofunk macrumors 68020

mofunk

A ziplock bag is good for rain but not for underwater. You will get condensation inside the bag after its been submerged in water.

8. jacobclause macrumors member

Why on earth would you even want to put your phone underwater? that's just not a good idea..

9. jamesjay macrumors newbie

They sell solutions now that make your electronics waterproof if Im correct. Cant remember the name though.

10. jacobclause macrumors member

lifeproof nuude i think