Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mountainlover

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2010
I sometimes enjoy going for a hike on my to the library, but I am afraid of getting got in the rain. Anyone knows about a light waterproof protection for the 11" MBA?

MacMur

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2008
California
Solution

I don't mean to be a Jerk but in a pinch a Ziplock bag works like a champ. That being said the 11 will not quite make it into a 1 gallon bag. And they are cheaper by the dozen.

elwood58

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2010
California
I don't mean to be a Jerk but in a pinch a Ziplock bag works like a champ. That being said the 11 will not quite make it into a 1 gallon bag. And they are cheaper by the dozen.

Is there a bigger bag than the 1 gal size. Even if they are cheaper by the dozen, makes no sense if the 11 will not fit.

barmann

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2010
Germany
Plastic bag, or you can get small waterproof bags in outdoor equipment stores - place MBA in sleeve inside .
Or the Pelicase for notebooks .

mountainlover

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2010
an outdoor equipment store seems to be the place to go

Thanks for your replies. Peli case could be useful in the long run if they produce smaller cases designed for the Air. But the outdoor equipment store is simpler solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.