Waterproof Cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ipadfreak, Mar 11, 2013.

1. ipadfreak macrumors regular

Im looking for a good waterproof case for my iP5.

Any good ideas? I had my eye on the incipio Atlas, because i also get a free case with purchase :)

2. dwa2011 macrumors regular

dwa2011

After reading through all of the popular rugged/waterproof cases, it appears that the Atlas will be the best (it is also the next in line). but it sounds promising with a glass screen protector. I am excited to see it. Hopefully it'll be the one.

3. Mellisaray macrumors regular

well, it has so many waterproof cases to choose, you can search it on amazon, eBay and any other websites, it all depends on the price you want and what you like.

4. winsterking macrumors newbie

Waterproof Cases for iphone so much at amazon or ebay, You should search and choice best one on them!

5. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

It sort of irresponsible to claim a case is the best when it is not available yet.

6. bdoople macrumors member

bdoople

If you don't mind your slim, sleek iPhone 5 turning into a giant cinder block I recommend the Otterbox Armor. I haven't had it off my case since I bought it 2 weeks ago. Been in the shower, hot tub, sauna, all over the place. When it gets dirty I lather it up with soap and wash it off, lol. It's pretty great.

7. dwa2011 macrumors regular

dwa2011

Haha. Yes, my comment was pure speculation. Maybe I am also bitter because all of the previous waterproof cases have been less than impressive... I am not meaning to be misleading. sorry. :D

8. davidra, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2013

davidra macrumors 6502

Please do NOT buy a waterproof case unless you need one. If you go to the beach once a month, get a waterproof bag of some kind. Every waterproof case will have problems; it's inherent in making anything watertight. Newton rings, muffled sound, rattling hinges....you will NOT be able to avoid it because the engineering is complex and costly. And iPhone users are just plain uninformed for not understanding that. I have never seen such a bunch of complainers, expecting these cases to perform like a regular non-sealed case. THEY WON'T. Exchanging four or five Lifeproof cases because they have Newton's rings? GMAFB. Have an appropriate need and reasonable expectations and you'll probably be happy. Otherwise, you'll be frustrated.