Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moopzaxx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2013
Hi, I wish to have a all weather camera which I could carry every where without any hassle. I search on the net and found colympus uj1030 good but its photo reviews are not good. It also has wide lens(28mm) and small enough to be put in pocket (does not have lens coming out). Any suggestions for a good waterproof camera which i can use in rain and dust without any hassle? Also, one more requirement is optical eye-piece (it saves lot of battery).

Last edited:

twitch31

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2013
dpreview has just published a review roundup of waterproof pocket cameras, it's worth checking out.

LongSticks

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2012
Kent, UK
Hi, I wish to have a all weather camera which I could carry every where without any hassle. I search on the net and found colympus uj1030 good but its photo reviews are not good. It also has wide lens(28mm) and small enough to be put in pocket (does not have lens coming out). Any suggestions for a good tough camera which i can use in rain and dust without any hassle? Also, one more requirement is optical eye-piece (it saves lot of battery).

If your looking for a camera for onshore extreme weather proofing for then the Panasonics have a wonderful rep - http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/equipment/advice/538655/best-underwater-camera-group-test-2013.html

But, I have used Pano and Fujifilm cameras for snorkelling before and blown both as they do have issues with seals unless you are meticulous in prepping the camera. Use a waterproof case - best sea water solution!

Melizard

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2011
Canada/Germany
I have the Olympus TG-2: http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/tg-2-ihs.html

It's shockproof, freezeproof, dustproof, and waterproof to 50ft (even deeper if you get the underwater housing). It's great because it has a f2.0 lens and an aperture priority mode. I have the detachable fisheye lens for snorkeling/diving, and there is a tele converter lens available.

Only drawback is the lack of RAW mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.