Waterproof earphones for Apple Watch 2

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jaredlipsitz, Oct 8, 2016.

1. jaredlipsitz macrumors member

Does anybody use waterproof earphones to listen to music whilst swimming with their AW2? I'm thinking of getting a pair but struggling to find a recommended pair.

Any assistance?

2. tromboneaholic macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

3. mattysmith118 macrumors 6502

Is it even possible to listen to music whilst under water? lol

4. tromboneaholic macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

Whales sing to each other underwater. But yes, if you have watertight earbuds in your ears it's like using goggles to see under water.

5. mattysmith118 macrumors 6502

Would mess up your routine if you fancied a dance though xD

6. CVC, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016

CVC macrumors member

Unfortunately Bluetooth doesn't work underwater. Bluetooth signals can't pass through water. Waterproof Bluetooth earphones are designed for situations where they would get wet, but not used underwater such as kayaking or running in the rain. All the earphones designed for swimming have a built-in MP3 player or a waterproofed iPod that clips on.

7. tromboneaholic macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

Good point

8. profets macrumors 68040

I do a decent amount of lane swimming, and at times I get bored on longer swims. Was looking on and off for a while for some method of listening to music while swimming. I ended up testing out one of those waterproofed iPod shuffles with wired in ear earphones. It seems to do the trick, iPod clips onto the back of my goggles, and the cord for the earphones are short and have tips that tend to do a good job of keeping a watertight seal in the ear. Once in a while one of my ears would get water in and the sound is useless at that point.

I’d love some sort of wireless waterproof buds that could connect to the watch, but with water any RF is probably a lost cause. I’ve kept an eye on the Bragi Dash since last year as they’re wireless in ear buds, they’re waterproof, and they can store audio files on the buds themselves for swimming.

9. deevsgeek Suspended

Yeah I am using JLab Audio Epic2 you can go for it.....