Waterproof your Electronics!! (Macbook, Iphone, Itouch etc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by stoich, Aug 28, 2008.

1. stoich macrumors member

Ok so I think that this is the absolute coolest thing I have ever seen! First of all I own an Iphone3G and a Macbook 13.5 inch and I had Ghost Armor professionally put on both of them and I thought that Ghost Armor was the coolest accessory I have ever seen. Ive had my Iphone3G since day one and it is still brand new. Same goes for my macbook. I sware by Ghost Armor because it has done wonders for my devices. Now.......the manager at the Ghost Armor store told me about this new technology called GOLDEN SHELLBACK and supposedly it waterproofs your phone so I put in a little research and you guys just have to look at this video!!! IF THIS IS POSSIBLE OMG I WILL DRIVE ACROSS THE COUNTRY JUST TO BUY IT!! Just check it out for yourself and let me know what you think.....

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=golden+shellback&search_type=&aq=f

2. stoich thread starter macrumors member

3. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

been on the net for a while I think, haven't seen anything on release but would definately be worth it, what I am wondering is will it prevent condensation unde the screen etc. sure it waterproofs the electronics but will the ater stay inside the case of the phone?

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

If you would have searched for golden shellback, you would have found probably the other 4-5 people that beat you.

[​IMG]

5. stoich thread starter macrumors member

I went to there website and it says that it does not coat the phone physically it is all internal. So I imagine the water might still stay under the screen. Im not sure. But if it gets released that would make SO much money!

Might give Bill Gates a run for his money lol

6. stoich thread starter macrumors member

beat me?

I googled it sunbaked im not the inventor? what do you mean beat me? Is there others that do this stuff?

7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

8. stoich thread starter macrumors member

oh i see what your saying. Ah oh well it still is pretty cool :D

9. stoich thread starter macrumors member

10. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

There is a hard drive casing I saw (it's a 3.5 size, but holds a 2.5 inch drive inside) that can withstand heat (fire) and also water 0 by basically sealing itself off before contact. Not exactly what the OP is talking about, but on a similar line - it helps with data security in case of water, but also fire damage.

11. stoich thread starter macrumors member

wow that's pretty impressive. Waterproof, fireproof, impactproof iPhone lol it'll be a reality one day

12. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

I'm pretty sure this will void your warranty. Plus it will cost at least $70 to have it done. What's the point of waterproofing your phone anyway?

13. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

$70 is a heck of a lot cheaper than $399/$499 for those people who have to replace their iPhone because they dropped in the...........water.

Thus the point in waterproofing their iPhone. :rolleyes:

14. stoich thread starter macrumors member

Think about it besides the accidents of dropping it in the water. Imagine going scuba diving and taking pictures underwater, and surfing the Internet underwater! Maybe its just me but that would be AWESOME!

15. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

I'm pretty sure that you are more likely to drop it on a hard surface than in water. And what happens when you need apple care for a malfunction. You have no warranty. I think this is over the top protection unless you specifically work in a water enviroment.

16. stoich thread starter macrumors member

You all really need to see this! Im giving this thread one more chance because it is a FREAKING AWESOME PRODUCT/IDEA! So yeah here we go :)