waterproofing?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by k80mk, Sep 18, 2012.

1. k80mk macrumors newbie

hi ..
    have the 4s and the otterbox defender.. i know the case is not completely waterproof...
    i am going on vacation and b/c of beach/ pool etc.. i would really like it to be completely waterproofed.. but i kind of wanted to leave the defender on ( for when i am inside etc.. love that case) .. is there an outer case i can put on? or has anyone had any experience with the pouches? .. is there something that would still be functional with otterbox and something additional over it or asking too much there =)?

i am kind of in a hurry to buy.. hoping to grab something off amazon ( have a bunch of credit )

i would appreciate any advice.. i am new to joining here ..but have been following so many of all your tips for awhile.. now i can hopefully give back and help out in the future to you all too..

2. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

Life Proof will have a water proof case out in Dec for your Iphone 5 if you can wait

3. k80mk thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your help!.. but still have 4s.. vacation is next week =) and i still like my otterbox.. just need a temporary waterproof week solution ..

4. ejisfun macrumors regular

A ziploc bag (I usually use two) works quite nicely, the touch screen still works through it.

5. outphase macrumors 65816

I do this when going to amusement parks. Water rides seem to always know where my phone is located.

6. Powrie macrumors 6502

The only waterproof case I know of is the Lifeproof.

Since you have a 4s you can buy one right now.

7. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

8. Crotalus_Joe macrumors regular

currently carry mine in a ziploc when fishing. You could search Amazon for dry bags for canoeing/kayaking, there are several that are sized for iPhones.

9. k80mk thread starter macrumors newbie