Watershot iPhone Underwater Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Cineplex, Jun 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Cineplex, Jun 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017

Cineplex macrumors 6502a

Cineplex

Hey Folks,

I just wanted to share my experience with the Watershot underwater iPhone case for the 5/5S/SE. This is the basic model in yellow. Below is a short video that I shot with it this afternoon. It will be the best $50 to $80 you've spent on video accessories (if you want to shoot in and under water.) It is easy to use, the app you download for it uses the buttons on the front to start and stop. It really is a nice little case with amazing results. The best review I can give is to show you, so here it is!

2. eyeseeyou macrumors 68000

Just bought one of these cases.

Where is the video?

3. Cineplex thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cineplex

Just put it back. Not sure where it went.

4. eyeseeyou macrumors 68000

That looks amazing. I just bought the watershot dash and for some reason haven't seen any footage as clear as the non dash videos.

I was told by the sales rep that they use the same lens so hopefully I'll be able to produce video in similar clarity.

5. Cineplex thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cineplex

It is a pain to see what you are recording if you are not under with the camera. It's mostly just luck and guessing. But it is a lot of fun.

6. eyeseeyou macrumors 68000

Does the housing distort photos or videos outside of water?

Does the wide angle lens actually enhance photos?

Trying to get an idea of my workflow when using this case. I know it's not meant to be your everyday case although I am using an extra 5s as a dedicated "gopro" type camera so it won't be as much of an issue.

7. Cineplex thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cineplex

I only used it in water.

8. eyeseeyou macrumors 68000

Got it thanks. I'll search around the internet for photos taken with the wide angle and fish eye lens