Well I got the new 13" Macbook and yesterday I spilled some on it, actually it wasn't water. it was beer, that doesn't really make a difference, does it?. liquid as liquid. well it spilled like 1/3 of a beer can right over the keyboard it took about one second and the screen went completely black and the little green light on the power cord turned off as well. I was in complete shock so I just flipped the laptop over and removed the battery and the power cord as fast as I could, screamed for my mother(in panic, haha) to get something to clean it up with. she ran down to get some paper and we cleaned it up as best we could, and I waited a couple of hours, I hooked up the battery and turned it on. But only the fan sounded and still the screen was black, at this moment i actually thought my lovely computer had died and I was really afraid I wouldn't be able to get a new one from the insurance, so all I wanted was to try boot it up and hope it would work but my dear mother told me to wait a day or two before doing anything else with it, so I placed it against the radiator flipped open with the keyboard facing down, then I went to bed after some hours of panic, the other day I woke up I still thought the computer would be left in the grave but when I tried connecting the battery and all it worked just fine and now I'm typing this! Actually I think the Macbooks got some sort of automatic shutdown thing when liquid is spilled on it, or is this knows as a thing they have? I dont know.. Well if this ever happened to you and you read this as in great panic, just have patience really, it fu**ing hard I know but its worth it. We all love our MacBooks! keep em alive!