Wats next for Apple

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shuffles, Nov 8, 2007.

1. shuffles macrumors 6502

shuffles

Wat does everyone think Apple will do next regarding macbooks and macbook pros? Personally, sometime next year i think we will see either a macbook touch and/or a macbook slim. I think there will be a faster macbook pro eg. 2.8-3.0 ghz plus better graphics and minor things fixed eg. changing the latch to a magnetic one like the macbook. I dont think the pro will get a totally new design but i think the macbook will at some stage next year.

[​IMG]

Maybe something like this???

I really like this style but it might need the option of a keyboard. Maybe not though. I suppose maybe we are all jsut used to keyboards cuz that was the way we have been brought up on computers so maybe apple have some other method???

Personally i would love to see this model be created. I think if thay do release a macbook touch of some sort they will not do away with the current macbooks and macbook pros. The younger demographic of people would adapt really quickly to a touch mac but i would be inclined to think that the older emographic of the population might not do so too easily.....i duno though, im just ranting i suppose!!

OR

[​IMG]

I doubt this one wud be made but the idea cud be right. This one is pretty ugly but i suppose there might be a possibility of a touch keyboard as well as the touch screen. Apple have already filed patents for a technology that would allow dents to appear on a touch keyboard so people would be able to recognise when they are pressing keys.

I dunno....im just guessing for the fun of it.

Wat do u guys think???

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

all i know is im not typing on a glass screen all day, talk about painful:eek:

3. shuffles thread starter macrumors 6502

shuffles

Yeah thats wat i think as well, im just throwing out all the options tho

4. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

yup, next time might want to just add your thoughts to an already existing thread, like this one here http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=381084 just to keep the forum page a little cleaner, we dont really need 40 "new macbook" threads ;)

5. shuffles thread starter macrumors 6502

shuffles

sorry dude, im new to this, didnt see the other thread

6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

That's OK too. If you've got a new idea or take on things, you go for it. New threads are cheap. :)

7. abz786 macrumors 6502

well intel has announced that the quad core santa rosa mobile processors will be relased sometime in 2008, prob q3

so once those are out, some pretty sexy macbook and macbookpros are going to be out!

8. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

itll be a looooooonnnnnnnggggggggg time before a quad core macbook

9. abz786 macrumors 6502

this time next yr
    just wait hahaha
    but quad core mobile is just going to be for performance no battery life

thats what intel has been saying
    so the quad cores are just good enough

10. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

Apple doesn't release MBP and MB on the same chip @ same time.. .. Q3 of '08 will probably be MBP get mobile quad-core .. Then 12 to 15 months then MB will get mobile quad chips ..

11. vicious7 macrumors 6502a

vicious7

Maybe the Touchbook or iTablet will look something like this. Pic and story here.

[​IMG]

12. CarlsonCustoms macrumors 6502

I hope we don't lose the tactile feeling of a real keyboard anytime soon. Even the shallow keythrow of the macbook keyboard was a rough adjustment for me. But your photoshop skills look good!

13. marclapierre13 macrumors 6502a

marclapierre13

Picture #2 in the OP looks like it was made by a 5th grader.

14. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

i thought the same thing but didnt want to be the first to say it, plus we all know apple woulnt put a numerical keypad on a laptop, why would they ever want to do that...

anyway, as far as the physical touch of a keyboard there was talk about having the keys raise up for normal use or be lowered for strictly touch use

15. Tshapi macrumors regular

MB will only go Quad if intel stops making duo. MB is a consumer laptop, so it shouldn't be as CPU intensive as the MBP. I think jobs will make the MBP quad as soon as possible to put some real differential between the two lines.

MB will stay DUAL core
    MBP will go QUAD core.

Personally, this is what I think Jobs should do.

I think he should take the MBP line and add a 13" when he redesigns the line. then he should replace the MB line with and ULTRA PORTABLE LINE.

Still having two lines.

Macbook

AND

Ultra Portable MacBook

That way he can capture all the markets with style.

Targeting the 13" MBP mainly toward consumers, but also toward the small minority of pro's who find the 15" just too big to haul around.

16. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

I am going to have to agree, I think Apple is going to stick with the core 2 duo in the MacBook, perhaps they will upgrade the system so it will be a bit faster (2.4 or 2.6) but to keep the price down they aren't going to stick a quad in the MacBook anytime soon. Personally I would rather have the MacBook with better battery life than able to be even faster than it already it. There isn't really anything I am doing that needs performance (unless you count folding, but I turn that off when on the battery power and only do it for fun right now).

As for a tablet PC, I am waiting for a real embedded version of OS X with a word processor and a finder and then perhaps we will see a cool Newton-like PDA/iPod (maybe upgrades to the iPhone/iPod touch). It will be interesting to see what Apple does with software and hardware on the portable platform. While Apple is still advancing in the desktop/server market (I know a guy who is building a data center in Houston using all Apple servers) they know that consumers want portable everything.