WAV. convert to MP3 using OSX 10.3.9

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MorzillA, Aug 14, 2007.

1. MorzillA macrumors 6502

MorzillA

I would like to convert a WAV file to an MP3 file for my MotV360. I can't run Motorola Tools cuz it's a Windows based program :( and I don't want to DL tyrout programs from Cnet cuz you can't either save nor load or major limitations.
    Is there a program wether it's free or not that RUNS on a G4 Mac that will allow me to convert MIDI/WAV files to MP3 files and be able to transfer to my V360 with out any bugs!?
    Thanks

:apple:

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. MorzillA thread starter macrumors 6502

MorzillA

:( dam, that means that I have to wait for the Lprd upgrd :'(

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Anything wrong with using iTunes to do this? Seems like an obvious option unless I'm missing something.

5. MorzillA thread starter macrumors 6502

MorzillA

hmmmmm.........you know I have recently done an upgrade to iTUNES and Quicktime but for some reason I can not find the MP3 converter opt. in the iTUNES menues only the ACC convertion. and on Quicktime I get a ? on the screen whenever I want to see a trailer form the Quicktime/trailers website :confused:

6. MorzillA thread starter macrumors 6502

MorzillA

7. Porco macrumors 68020

Porco

Fix Quicktime (try running the latest quicktime installer again, repair permissions).

iTunes will (should) convert WAV to MP3.

If you're still stuck and iTunes won't work, try ffmpegX as a stop-gap until you get it fixed.

8. MorzillA thread starter macrumors 6502

MorzillA

Ok this installer works on the reg. Qktime or Qt Pro!?

yes iTUNES has done that convertion in the past but recently I noticed that it doesn't, only converts to ACC to which I think will work with my PSP (music) but that's it!!!

I will look into it tonight PORCO thx!!!

9. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

This is where you change the settings:

Picture 1.jpg

It'll convert WAV, not sure about MIDI since I don't think you can import it into iTunes. You may be able to open MIDI files in GarageBand then export the track as an MP3 to iTunes from there.

10. MorzillA thread starter macrumors 6502

MorzillA

ahhhhhhhhhh :) I will try that now! I dont have GB just yet, after I get my OS upgrade I would like to have iLIFE too but I'm seeing that a lot of ppl are having major problems with iMOVIE :( which leads me to wonder/ask should I get the iLIFE upgrade!?

11. MorzillA thread starter macrumors 6502

MorzillA

I was able to convert the WAV. file but after transferring to my MOTV360, it (phone) told me that the newly transfered file was corrupted and it would not play :( I would use MOTOROLA PHONE TOOLS but she has no audio in her system :( go figure!!!!
    Thanks for the info though!!!