Wave 1 Rollout - What countries will be included?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by TheDeviceUser, Jan 7, 2015.

1. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

So, it looks like Wave 1 of the Apple Watch rollout will begin in March if rumours are correct. Therefore, what countries do you think will be included. Past rollouts have included just the USA when it's a new product category (iPad was US only for a month.).

So what countries do you think will be included? Personally I'm hoping for the USA, UK, Italy, Canada and Australia. However, I'm not holding my breath, due to the wording on Apple's website, I would think it'll just be the USA.

2. Just1n12 macrumors member

Just1n12

It will most likely be U.S, Canada, UK, Italy and Australia for the first wave, including Apple Pay (crossing fingers) within the next week or so after the release!

3. TheDeviceUser thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apple Pay for those countries would be fantastic. I would love to use my Watch with Apple Pay from Day 1! I think that most Apple Watch users will use the Apple Watch to pay rather than the iPhone as it seems far more convenient.

4. Just1n12 macrumors member

Just1n12

Very true! I know I will use it more than my iPhone for sure! Just put your watch close to the NFL compatible card reader and you're done!

5. saschke macrumors 6502

If Italy is included, you can almost certainly bet Germany to be included, too. Each staggered European mainland release has included France, Italy and Germany in the first wave in recent years, AFAIK.

6. eclipsevv macrumors member

7. redrog macrumors 6502

redrog

Prediction:

Wave 1 will be US only.

The next wave of major nations will follow in the Summer (if we are lucky).

8. TheDeviceUser thread starter macrumors 6502a

Why such a big gap between the US and other nations? The iPad was only 1 month, the iPhone was only longer because cellular details had to be sorted.

9. redrog macrumors 6502

redrog

It's a totally new untested market. They will have no idea how many to make, so they will make a conservative number to cover all territories, but only release it in the US to see how it goes. If it goes well, they won't run out too quickly and they have time to make more for everywhere else. If it goes as expected then they can plan for the other countries. If it goes really badly then all bets are off and they can decide what to do next.