Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jim McN

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2017
Further to yesterday Apple Keynote I am really struggling for deciding buying either the iPhone 11 or the iPhone 11 Pro.

They are Pros and cons for choosing one or the other and it makes my decision quite difficult to be taken.

I will not reiterate on ALL features but basically Pros/Cons for me are (Indeed they are my Pros & Cons, so they can differ from other People):

iPhone 11
- Pros: Getting about 85-90% of the iPhone 11 Pro features, Price (quite lower than the Pro), 128gb storage option.
- Cons: Screen (lower quality than the pro), No fast charging in the box, No optical zoom.

iPhone 11 Pro
- Pros: Smaller than the iPhone 11 (this is better for me), Better screen, Battery life seems better than the iPhone 11, Optical Zoom + extended camera features such as Deep Fusion., Fast Charger included in the Box, build quality a bit better than the iPhone 11.
- Cons: Price + no 128gb storage option,

The iPhone 11 seems to be the "reasonable" choice for this year while waiting for a new 2020 iPhone new design, but the iPhone 11 Pro has some appealing features that make my choice quite difficult.

What are you thinking? What Model are you looking to buy and why?

Thank you,

anthdci

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2009
11, it's £400 cheaper.

The only thing I'd miss is the 2x telephoto camera and that is not worth that price difference. That is without seeing the on-contract pricing. I get 20% off EE monthly fee via student discount so that's not a small amount.

Reactions: Zxxv and johnyslats

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
Coming from an XS Max and deciding to do the same after weighing up the same pros and cons. Wanted to downsize this year anyway. Camera was the main draw and glad the analysts were wrong about a lack of ultra wide on the iPhone 11. Going to give it a shot for the 14 day return window, with screen quality my only concern at this point

Jim McN

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2017
In the UK Price the difference between iPhone 11 and 11 Pro is £320 (£1,049 - £729 for iPhone 11/11pro 64 gb models).

But if you need a decent internal storage I would then rather compare the iPhone 11 128gb (£779) with the iPhone 11 Pro 256gb since there is no 128gb option (£1,199) which drives us to a huge difference of £420.

11, it's £400 cheaper.

The only thing I'd miss is the 2x telephoto camera and that is not worth that price difference. That is without seeing the on-contract pricing. I get 20% off EE monthly fee via student discount so that's not a small amount.

eulslix

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2016
You also get the wide angle FaceID with the Pro for what its worth. Kind of surprised they only mentioned that in the Pro video...

eulslix

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2016
Pretty sure the iPhone 11 is identical. In fact in was featured in the promo video

Hmm, i only saw it during in the summary of the pro and the pro promo (1:33:20). Was very disappointed when they didn’t mention it during the normal 11. Might be mistaken though.

Jim McN

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2017
On the feature page Apple is just saying "Faster Face ID" for both.

You also get the wide angle FaceID with the Pro for what its worth. Kind of surprised they only mentioned that in the Pro video...

geek1981

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
on the same boat.. I'm on IUP and £20/month is a lot of money for telephoto lens and fast charging. Also get better colours with 11.

Reactions: johnyslats

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
If you know where to look you can get a 20% off discount code for ee plans. If you then factor in selling your existing phone than the purchase price of the 11 Pro is less financially damaging.

Jim McN

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2017
Okay... here we are my final decision will be taken between the iPhone 11 128gb or the iPhone 11 Pro 64gb where the price difference (UK) between those two models is still huge. I am not yet 100% that the iPhone 11 pro worth this additional money:-/

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
Further to yesterday Apple Keynote I am really struggling for deciding buying either the iPhone 11 or the iPhone 11 Pro.

They are Pros and cons for choosing one or the other and it makes my decision quite difficult to be taken.

I will not reiterate on ALL features but basically Pros/Cons for me are (Indeed they are my Pros & Cons, so they can differ from other People):

iPhone 11
- Pros: Getting about 85-90% of the iPhone 11 Pro features, Price (quite lower than the Pro), 128gb storage option.
- Cons: Screen (lower quality than the pro), No fast charging in the box, No optical zoom.

iPhone 11 Pro
- Pros: Smaller than the iPhone 11 (this is better for me), Better screen, Battery life seems better than the iPhone 11, Optical Zoom + extended camera features such as Deep Fusion., Fast Charger included in the Box, build quality a bit better than the iPhone 11.
- Cons: Price + no 128gb storage option,

The iPhone 11 seems to be the "reasonable" choice for this year while waiting for a new 2020 iPhone new design, but the iPhone 11 Pro has some appealing features that make my choice quite difficult.

What are you thinking? What Model are you looking to buy and why?

Thank you,
The standard 11 also has the deep fusion feature.

Jim McN

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2017
yea, this year the difference between the iPhone 11 and 11 Pro are not so huge. And give a strong advantage to the iPhone 11 for most People.

roberthodgson

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
if I upgrade this year it will probably be the pro version as its the same size as my Iphone X and I find the max versions to be hard to hold but I really would like a bigger screen

Jim McN

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2017
The iPhone 11 gives a "Max" experience when displaying apps (Settings, Mails, etc.) while getting a smaller body/screen

if I upgrade this year it will probably be the pro version as its the same size as my Iphone X and I find the max versions to be hard to hold but I really would like a bigger screen

valinda

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA
I hardly used the optical zoom on my XS, that’s why I’m going with the 11. I’m wanting the bigger phone this time, but only concern about the 11 for me is how much bigger is it than the XS. Luckily I only live 20 minutes from an Apple store, so easy to return if not big enough.

Khedron

Suspended
Sep 27, 2013
On the feature page Apple is just saying "Faster Face ID" for both.

FaceID being 30% faster is a feature of iOS 13 not hardware

The new hardware makes it a work with a bit wider angle though
[doublepost=1568368711][/doublepost]

Technically neither have Deep Fusion because it doesn't exist yet, but both should get it before the end of the year

Reactions: Jim McN

unchecked

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2008
Deep Fusion will also be available on the 11. Apple presented the features as though it's exclusive to the Pros but they really aren't. It's in the press release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.