"Wavy" display on my Macbook Pro

rooster676

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
Ok, so I have a 2009 Macbook Pro 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo ( I bought it new in 2010)

Lately, when I boot up, towards the bottom, it looks like there are waves-or rather, areas that aren't illuminated . (I tried taking a screen shot, but the waves don't show up for some reason.)

it usually goes away after a couple of hours of the computer being on or in sleep mode, but it seems to be happening more frequently. I fear that something is going on that will get worse until one day it won't work at all. any ideas?:(

shardey

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2010
Colorado
Ok, so I have a 2009 Macbook Pro 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo ( I bought it new in 2010)

Lately, when I boot up, towards the bottom, it looks like there are waves-or rather, areas that aren't illuminated . (I tried taking a screen shot, but the waves don't show up for some reason.)

it usually goes away after a couple of hours of the computer being on or in sleep mode, but it seems to be happening more frequently. I fear that something is going on that will get worse until one day it won't work at all. any ideas?:(
Screenshots don't show physical problems. Take a picture with a camera and post it.

I had these "waves" in my iMac, and it was due to a "film" that builds up. There may be smoke around my iMac, but not from cigarettes :D

Also, forgot to mention, is that if your laptop does get hot, the LEDs tend to stretch the lighting from the bottom.