Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bullshark

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2009
NY
So it's been some time since the Beta 3.0 was released. Having grown accustomed to the new features and with the novelty wearing off, some things obviously have a little room for improvement. Even though this isnt the "Final" product, what areas of the new software would you like to see tweaked either before they release the final, or included in the first update?

Here is my primary issue:

- Faster response from the Accelerometer when changing btwn landscape and portrait mode. Or maybe the option to disable accelerometer and use a hand gesture (like on multi-touch mousepads) to initiate the spin. Texting while laying down on your side can be tricky business with the current use of the accelerometer. :apple::apple:

actorkid

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
i agree with you that the accelerometer should have a faster response time.

especially if SMS opens up in portrait every time, but i want to type in landscape...if it takes 2 seconds for the phone to rotate, i may get frustrated eventually and just start typing in portrait all the time again

the only other thing i'd like to see is some implementation of a swipe up or down on the home screen as shortcuts to some apps (messages, spotlight, notes, etc...)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.