Way of charging! iPT4

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kevint1217, Oct 22, 2010.

1. kevint1217 macrumors newbie

My ipod's battery is draining fast. I went to an authorized reseller of Apple products here in the Philippines and they said that it is because of the method of charging. They said that when you charge the ipod using the USB port of the computer it charges 80% of the ipod's battery no matter how long it is plugged in the computer. They said that to gain 100% of battery charge, we need to buy a USB power adapter. Is there any difference on the two methods that I have mentioned? Thank you! :eek:

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

There is no difference of where you plug in the iPod to charge it. It will always get to 100%.

3. eddy2099 macrumors member

Well, how fast is fast for you ? I would think that the speed the battery drains would depend largely on what you run on it. If you use wifi, play games or watch movies, the drain would inevitably be fast. In such situation, it is not uncommon to see the battery going flat within hours.

However, if you keep the airplane mode on and only use the ipod touch reading ebooks and listening to music, you probably need to only charge once in a few days.

As for USB charging, so far I do not have a problem using it. However not all computers provides the same level of charge, older computers may not provide sufficient charge.

It is also possible that you have a bad battery unit.

Do post more information so we can assist you better.

4. ronster22 macrumors member

I use the BatteryMonitor app and it works great to check the different stages of charging (normal, trickle to 100%, full cycle charge). Battery health seems a bit better now.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Exactly. I have one game I like to play, but the battery runs out in 2-3 hours if I keep playing it. On the other hand, I once was playing music on an iPod touch with only 10% battery left, and it took several hours before the battery finally run out.