Way to cancel AT&T Premier order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jason S., Jun 19, 2010.

1. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

The order page says I cannot cancel my order, but do you think if I give them a call they will let me? Before I ordered I was really torn between the white and black -- I really did not care which one I got, but after looking more and more at the photos of it, and some videos of it in real world use, I'd like to get the white, if possible.

If I can't cancel my order and receive it, as long as I don't open the box, do you think AT&T will allow me to exchange it for a white one at their store once the whites are released? (I'd of course take print outs of my emails to prove that I ordered it from them.)

I know no one will have a "for sure" answer, but I just wanted to get some opinions on what I should do... try to cancel or just let it ship?

2. cmoski macrumors member

Call 1-866-499-8008 on Monday. Should be the only sure fire way to get it done.

3. Jason S. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cool, thanks. :) I'm hoping I won't have a problem; I mean, it's one less iPhone 4 order they would have to worry about. :p

4. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

I'll be EXTREMELY surprised if you receive your iPhone 4 on 24th-28th and you DON'T open it up out of excitement. If you don't cancel, you'll settle for black I think.

5. Jason S. thread starter macrumors 6502a

As long as I know that I'll be able to exchange it, I would have no trouble letting it sit on my shelf until I can get the white one. :p I have a 3G right now, and as much as I'm looking forward to the upgrade, I've waited 2 years so I can wait a few more weeks. I didn't even expect the next iPhone to be released until mid-July, so I'd be on par with when I expected to get a new one (that's if the white is available by then).

EDIT: For anyone else that might be interested, I dug through the customer support docs on AT&T's website. According to them you can simply refuse the package (don't sign for it) and they will refund you in full once they get it back. You also have the option to return it within 30 days after receiving it (as long as it's not opened) with a return label included in the package. I will still call or chat with AT&T on Monday to make sure returning for a refund will not affect my upgrade eligibility and pricing, so that I will still be able to get the white for the subsidized price. I don't see why it would, but you never know with them! :p If I refuse the package, I'll be sure that it gets noted with the tracking number or to get some sort of official "receipt" stating that I refused it.

6. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

That's cool bro. I could see AT&T pulling some bull on you with sending it back though and trying to snag a white one before they "process the return completely through their systems, then update your account." I read that another user on here returned the package to a store and it took nearly a month to get their money back.